1. Check the condition of the rubber components every year. Cold temperatures, snow and ice are especially harmful and often lead to damage, such as holes or tears;
2. If your vision does not improve after using the wipers, e.g. because your windshield is blurry, your wiper blades are probably in need of replacement;
3. If the windshield wipers do not clean the entire windshield after a few wipes and if they leave smears, you should have the wipers checked out;
4. If you hear a squeaky noise, that can also be a sign of wear;
5. If you are not sure whether you should replace your wiper blades, have a professional mechanic inspect them for you.